Step 1: Update Your WordPress Plugins And Theme
Why This Step Is Important
WordPress plugins (such as Elementor) and WordPress themes (such as Astra) will regularly release updates with new features, bug fixes, and important security updates. It’s important that you keep everything up-to-date so that you don’t run into any issues with your website.
Watch Our Video Tutorial For This Step
This video will walk you through how to manually update the Astra WordPress theme, the Elementor Page Builder plugin, and the Elementor Pro add-on plugin.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Red notification circles indicate that updates are available (0:13)
- On the plugins page, you can click “update now” next to any plugin that has an available update (0:35)
- You always want to keep your plugins up-to-date (0:42)
- Go to Dashboard > Updates to view all available updates (1:04)
- Click “Check Again” to check for any new updates that aren’t shown on the Updates page yet (1:10)
- Since you are using SiteGround hosting, they will automatically update WordPress for you. It’s extremely important to always be using the latest verison of WordPress. (1:40)
- Select all plugins and click “Update Plugins” (2:24)
- Click the link to return to the updates page (2:40)
- Select the Astra WordPress theme and click “Update Themes” (2:47)
Please Rate This Step