Step 1: Copy/Paste Styles And Save Widgets
Why This Step Is Important
Learning how to copy and paste styles and use global widgets will allow you to more quickly use your preferred settings for each widget. This means that you won’t have to restyle a widget each time you add it to a page. We created a special template, LP-SETTINGS-widgets, with our recommended styles and settings for each widget to make this process much easier.
Watch Our Video Tutorial For This Step
This video will walk you through how to use our LP-SETTINGS-widgets template to copy/paste widgets, copy/paste widget styles, and save widgets as global widgets.
- Default widgets from the sidebar are unstyled (0:24)
- Open the finder and search for “settings” (0:55)
- Open the “SETTINGS-widgets-white-bg” template (1:20)
- Open the Navigator to easily navigate to different prestyled widgets (1:25)
- Copy and paste a button widget onto your page (1:40)
- Copy and paste just the styles from another button widget (2:05)
- Using the Global tab in the sidebar (2:51)
- Global widgets have a yellow outline/border (3:20)
- Two different ways to use global widgets (3:32)
- Unlinking global widgets (3:43)
- How to create a global widget (4:39)
- Dragging in a global widget from the sidebar (5:10)
- Save all of your most used widgets as global widgets so they appear in the sidebar (5:47)
Was This Step Helpful?
Improve Your Design