Step 1: Add Groups In MailChimp To Segment Your Email List
Why This Step Is Important
When using MailChimp, you will only need to use one email list. Within this one email list, you can create multiple groups to segment that list.
Creating groups in MailChimp will help you target specific types of users, or users who have completed specific tasks on your website.
Creating groups will make it easier to send relevant emails to your users so that they continue to stay engaged with your content. This should result in higher open rates and higher click-through rates for each email you send.
Another reason we use groups instead of multiple email lists is because any email addresses that exist across multiple lists in your account will be counted multiple times towards your total subscriber count (which will result in a higher monthly fee).
Watch Our Tutorial For This Step
This video will walk you through how to add multiple groups to your email list in MailChimp.
- Log into your MailChimp account
- Groups allow you to send emails to specific groups instead of your entire list (0:18)
- Go to Lists > Your List > Manage contacts > Groups (0:45)
- Click “Create Groups” on the right-hand side (1:13)
- Select the box “Don’t show these groups on my signup form” (1:19)
- Think of group categories as the “products/services” you provide (1:30)
- Add the group names and click “Save” (1:50)
Was This Step Helpful?
How To Add Groups To Your Email List In MailChimp